Monday, October 25, 2010

I said I couldn't do it.

I realize that if you read the post I did over at Ashley Ann's you'll find this a little shocking.


CRW_2159

Big's hair is down to her waistline. I LOVE her long hair. If I'm honest, I'm proud of her long hair. How many 3 1/2 year old's have never had a real haircut? Besides that, it kind of feels like if we've waited this long, what makes this the time to cut it?
Plus, and this is a big one for me, If we cut it, it will take off all her really light, baby blond hair.
That makes me sad.
Especially because I'm not one to keep a wad of dead hair around. ( I think it's kind of gross. . .sorry.)
So once it's gone, it's gone.


CRW_2165


But I guess I finally faced reality, acknowledged that the daily crusade I undertake just to get Big's hair brushed & if I'm not too worn out by that point, in pigtails, was probably just a tad ridiculous and unnecessary.

OK, it was a lot ridiculous.

Picture this:
I come into the room holding a brush & bottle of detangler.
Big starts crying and running.
I chase after her, finally pinning her in a corner in various parts of the house.
I then drag her, kicking & screaming to the couch where I literally wrap my legs around her waist and proceed to brush out her hair, while she continues to cry & make every attempt to wiggle free.

So, needless to say, I think you see where this is going.

CRW_2178_1

We cut Big's hair.

All of it.

CRW_2180

And, I think she likes it.

CRW_2334

Well, I think she loves it.
And actually, so do I.
A lot.  :)

xoxo Lori Danelle

4 comments:

  1. She looks very cute!!! and the hair will grow again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! It looks soo much thicker...we just did the same with our 3 year old (hers was no where near as long as Big's)..I can barely get my hair looking halfway decent in the morning, much less my 3 year old's LOL I reached the same point as you: this is ridiculous ;)

    Glad you made the plunge--enjoy the battle-free morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. at least you have pictures right? instead of keeping it :) she looks so cute with short hair, good move.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I remember talking to her about cutting her hair and she started screaming about that too. She was convinced it would hurt.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad that you've stopped by this blog & I LOVE hearing your feedback and questions — however, as this blog is no longer active I may not see it!! But no worries! I've moved all content from this blog to my new website and would appreciate it if you visited me over there: Lori Danelle.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails