Monday, March 22, 2010

Big Sis's Princess Birthday Party

Sunday was Big Sister's 3rd Birthday! When did she get so big?? I asked her if she would stay little for me and she refused. *sigh. So instead, we celebrated the event with a pink princess party as was requested.

Since entering BlogLand, I have a bad habit of wanting the parties I throw to look like all the decadent parties I read about. But having realized this, I'm trying to find a balance of indulging my creative side, giving the girls a party they will remember & not driving anyone involved too crazy in my preparation! :) I think I did pretty well this time around.

IMG_8248

IMG_8259

IMG_8264

IMG_8251

IMG_8276

IMG_8284


I really enjoy including some sort of party favor that can be used beyond the party. For this celebration I made personalized "royal" capes as I had to think about the little boys at the party too. Somehow I just didn't think they would get much enjoyment out of tutus!! So whether they stay Prince & Princess capes in the weeks to follow, or get transformed into Super Heroes, I think they were a big hit.

IMG_8279


Pictures from the party itself tomorrow!

xoxo—Lori

8 comments:

  1. Oh, it looks beautiful Lori! So sorry we couldn't be there. I hope she has the best time! Can't wait to see more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi here from Friday Follow. My little girl is 17 now and I do miss making all those things for her birthday parties! Following you now won't you come on over and follow us? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - this is adorable! I love all the details in the food {the sandwiches are tooo cute and the cupcakes look yummy!} The capes are AMAZING - what a great idea! I would love to have you come link your party up at the Celebration Inspiration Party April 6th. These details are just too fabulous not to share! You really did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from Under the Table....this party is precious! I love the princess shaped sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!! Love it. The colors, food, details. Perfect! :) Saving this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori Thanks so much for joining the Celebration Party! I just adore your capes! The sandwiches are adorable too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute party! I love how you incorporated the them in the food!

    Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
    party inspiration

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad that you've stopped by this blog & I LOVE hearing your feedback and questions — however, as this blog is no longer active I may not see it!! But no worries! I've moved all content from this blog to my new website and would appreciate it if you visited me over there: Lori Danelle.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails